Missouri Youth Basketball League
1) GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME! Additional team players arriving late are allowed to play provided they are on the official roster.
1A) Game Rules: Game Length: 20 minute running Clock halves… clock stops last MINUTE OF THE 1ST HALF AND THE LAST 2 MINUTES OF THE SECOND HALF; 3 Time-outs per game. Pressing is allowed for the whole game for 3rd SELECT, 4th – 8th grades. No Pressing with lead of 20 points or more. Overtime is 1 minute (no additional timeouts in overtime). Maximum of 2 overtimes….3rd Overtime is Sudden Death…First point wins.
2A) 6th Grade and under will use a 28.5 size ball (or regulation ball if both coaches agree)
3A) 1st-2nd and 3rd RECREATION grade special rules: no pressing, no stealing off pass no stealing off dribble, man and zone allowed, player can cross free throw line when shooting. Call director for additional information. REMEMBER 3rd grade SELECT and 3rd RECREATION are different rules. Any changes must be discussed with site manager before the game or these rules are LAW.
- Players allowed playing on ONLY one-registered team per division.
- Age Restrictions – Teams should be school year based with September 1 as the cut-off. Grade Exceptions are permitted- a player may be up to up to one year older…he must be able to document with a current school report card. (Example: on a 5th grade team a player may be up to one year older than the appropriate age range as long as he can verify enrollment in the 5th grade). Birth Certificates and Report cards must be produced if requested by opposing coach. Players unable to verify age will be disqualified from tournament. Team results will be subject to forfeit.
4th/10U Sept 1, 2000– Aug 31, 2001
5th/11U Sept 1, 1999 – Aug 31, 2000
6th/12U Sept 1, 1998 – Aug 31, 1999
7th/13U Sept 1, 1997 – Aug 31, 1998
8th/14U Sept 1, 1996 – Aug 31, 1997
- Half time will be 2 minutes in length. Each team will be allowed a minimum of 3 minutes to warm up before each of their games…the horn will be blown with 1 minute remaining…Players should be on the court to tip at 0:00. Game time is forfeit time.
- Missouri State High School Athletic Association rules will apply, with exception mentioned herein, and rules subject to the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Score sheets should be prepared. Coaches should check for correctness. EACH TEAM MUST PROVIDE SCOREKEEPER OR YOU FORFIET THE GAME.
- Admission – FREE
- Tie Breakers If 2-way tie: Winner is decided by head-to-head match-up. If still a tie, winner is decided by point spread (common opponents only if applicable), with 15 point maximum per game. If still tied, the team that allowed the least number of points. If still tied, there will be a witnessed coin flip between the participating tiebreaker teams and site director.
- Any fighting or disruptive activity, cussing, verbal abuse by any players or spectators either on or off the premises during their game will be asked to leave. Coaches please manage your team’s behavior on and off the court. No excuses will be allowed.
- Coaches wishing to protest any of their games must do so no later than immediately following the completion of their game, post a $250 cash fee, note the protest in writing (sign and date), and only have the head coach and his assistant at the protest hearing. The protest hearing is to be held by the Tournament Director or his designees. If protest is lost, no refund. Any successful protests may result in forfeiture of all previously played games.
- Parents please cheer and encourage your team and not berate other players and referees. Any disruptive actions on the part of parents may cause an escort from the premises and suspension for the remainder of the tournament. NO CUSSING or VERBAL ABUSE you will asked to leave and will not be allowed back until next day.
- FIRST PLACE trophies and second place medals and end of league….end of season tournament awards.