Reebok Series Game Rules
The rules listed below are for all Reebok Series Basketball Games. To view the rules for all NCAA Certified Events, please click here.
1) GAME TIME IS FORFEIT TIME! Additional team players arriving late are allowed to play provided they are on the official roster.
1A) Game Rules: Game Length: 20 minute running Clock halves… clock stops during last MINUTE OF THE FIRST HALF AND LAST 2 MINUTES OF THE SECOND HALF; 3 Time-outs per game. Pressing is allowed for the whole game for 4th – 8th grades. No Pressing with lead of 20 points or more. Over time is 1 minute (no additional timeouts in overtime). Maximum of 2 overtimes….3rd Overtime is Sudden Death…First point wins.
Players are allowed to be on only one roster per grade. Example: 8th Grade player can play 8th Grade (one team) and 7th Grade (one team); A player may not be on teams in separate divisions of the same grade (7th Grade Division I and 7th Grade Division II).
2A) 6th Grade and under will use a 28.5 size ball (or regulation ball if both coaches agree)
3A) 1st-3rd grade special rules: no pressing until last 5 min of game, pick up at 3 point line, stealing off pass not off dribble, man and zone allowed, player can cross free throw line when shooting. Call director for additional information.
2. Players allowed playing on ONLY one-registered team per division.
3. Age Restrictions – Teams should be school year based with September 1 as the cut-off. Grade Exceptions are permitted- a player may be up to up to one year older…he must be able to document with a current school report card. (Example: on a 5th grade team a player may be up to one year older than the appropriate age range as long as he can verify enrollment in the 5th grade). Birth Certificates and Report cards must be produced if requested by opposing coach. Players unable to verify age will be disqualified from tournament. Team results will be subject to forfeit.
4. Half time will be 3 minutes in length. Each team will be allowed a minimum of 3 minutes to warm up before each of their games…the horn will be blown with 1 minute remaining…Players should be on the court to tip at 0:00. Game time is forfeit time.
5. Missouri State High School Athletic Association rules will apply, with exception mentioned herein, and rules subject to the discretion of the Tournament Director.
6. A team will reach the 2 shot free throw bonus on their opponent’s 10th team foul of each half. There will be a one and one bonus on the opponent’s 7th team foul.
7. Score sheets should be prepared. Coaches should check for correctness. WE PROVIDE SCOREKEEPER
8. Tie Breakers If 2-way tie: Winner is decided by head-to-head match-up. If still a tie, winner is decided by point spread (common opponents only if applicable), with 15 point maximum per game. If still tied, the team that allowed the least number of points. If still tied, there will be a witnessed coin flip between the participating tiebreaker teams and site director. If there is a 3-way tie, it is determined by point differential.
9. Any fighting or disruptive activity by any players or spectators either on or off the premises during the tournament will be cause for suspension. Coaches please manage your team’s behavior on and off the court. No excuses will be allowed.
10. Coaches wishing to protest any of their games must do so no later than immediately following the completion of their game, post a $250 cash fee, note the protest in writing (sign and date), and only have the head coach and his assistant at the protest hearing. The protest hearing is to be held by the Tournament Director or his designees. If protest is lost, no refund. Any successful protests may result in forfeiture of all previously played games.
11. Parents please cheer and encourage your team and not berate other players and referees. Any disruptive actions on the part of parents may cause an escort from the premises and suspension for the remainder of the tournament.
12. FIRST PLACE team trophy and first and second place medals presentation for each winner and team trophies/medals presentation will take place in the lobby immediately following each championship.
13. CHANGE OF VENUE: There may be occasions, such as, but not limited to, inclement weather, facility setbacks, scheduling problems not the fault of the Reebok Series, and other acts of nature, that require us to reschedule tournament games to other nearby venues. We will do everything in its power to notify you well in advance of such re-scheduling. Upon receiving such notification of rescheduled games, your team may withdraw from the scheduled tournament, but you must do so prior to 72 hours of the first scheduled game. If you fail to withdraw from the tournament prior to the 72 hour period, your team will not be entitled to a refund.